Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm Official

This week, after a grueling four hours of rules and regulations, I became a certified referee. I've ordered my striped shirt, yellow flag and whistle and I'm ready for action.

My main concern was when ordering my uniform that the shorts only came in two lengths: short and even shorter. Do I really want to be that ref? We would all be lying if we say that we haven't had a good laugh at the ref’s expense at his high socks and even higher shorts. There has to be some way in making this outfit sexy. And if anyone can do it, it’s going to be me! (picture to follow!)

I have yet to be assigned my first game, however I have a few things to work on before then. For example, I need to practice deep breathing for when those angry parents start yelling at me about rules they have no idea of, to try and cover the fact that their child has no talent.
Also I will be building up my arm strength to be able to have the best flag throw ... ever!!

I figured that if all else I'll be able to make some money and at the very least I have my Halloween costume ready for this year.

4 comments:

janice said...

ohhhhhhh, can't wait for the picture. I hope there will be money involved. Nice to see you have moved into the new world of
blogging.

ribbij said...

but I'm oscar!!!... dot com. love it. I will gift you 200 style points if you hit said parent with yellow flag.

Carolee said...

Wow, how surprisingly literate of you! I'm really so impressed. You'd get some pics up fast though. (And I'm going to try not to act offended that you sent RB the link and not me.)
Care

Unknown said...

I agree with Carolee. Who knew you could write so well, even without taking Freshman English yet......a hidden talent?