Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What I do for Fun


Ever since I finished playing lacrosse I have found that I have had way to much competitiveness. Some people might even say I am "too competitive". This past summer I decided that I would take up running and cycling and swimming to fill the void in my life.





To help me with this new hobby I have an old mission companion, Cyrus Fox.
(No he is not a character from Harry Potter)

The problem with doing triathlons in Utah is that it is freezing cold most of the time!


Currently I am 1 and 3 against Cyrus in these races. Our fist race was a 10k in which he beat me by a couple of minutes. Then we did a 32 mile bike race that I won (by 15 minutes or about 5 miles). He has won both of the triathlons one by 30 seconds and one by 45 seconds. With the weather warming up again I am hoping to even out this record.

5 comments:

Carolee said...

GASP... someone said you were almost TOO competitive?! haha. Hard to imagine.
Nice work staying in shape though. We'll have to set up a race together so you can beat me at something, finally.
Then again, we'll always have Carcassone.

~LisaLou~ said...

Wow Kev! That is so awesome that you are doing this! I have some friends in Florida who have started doing these. It got me excited and I am trying to talk Cin into training for one with me. I can't even imagine doing one in Utah right now! The water here isn't even close to warm yet!
We miss living by you too and We are looking forward to seeing you again! Maybe we'll see you in Utah this summer if you're still there.
Love ya, Lisa and crew

Kevy said...

Lisa, just so you know these were done in the fall. So it wasn't quite winter yet, but it was still dang cold!

katie said...

wow, that's a sexy little swim cap. do you do synchronized swimming when you're done with the race?

JR and Steph said...

Hey Kevy I know this is really late but CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement. Your mom told me when I was in Florida. I'm so excited for you! You gotta post some pictures of you two for all of your cousins who live so far away.