Monday, March 10, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish


The great thing about fishing is that whether or not you catch anything you still have planty of time to think and ponder on life's great mysteries. While on one of these outings I had an epiphany on one of life's greatest mysteries...Dating. I discovered that dating is just like fishing. Now, I know that my mind works a little different then most, so I will do my best to explain my understanding of dating.


You can go fishing all day (or a week or a couple of months) and not catch a thing. Perhaps it is because you are in the wrong place or are not using the right bait. Whatever it is, it isn't working.




Try not to be discouraged if your fishing partner seems to be catching all the fish.
Its not your fault.




So you change hooks and bait and line and you even go to another lake in search of anything that will take your bait. Eventually you find something that works and you start catching fish. There are all types of fish.


Some fish are small or "different" looking




Others are actually worth taking a picture with...



Beware of the Catfish though, you should try to throw them back in the water before anyone asks you what you caught.
(Sometimes it is better to get skunked)








No Photo Available
(Because I have never caught a catfish of course)










But then comes the day that you have been waiting for all your life. You catch that trophy fish! The one that you tell all your friends and family about and then hang on your wall forever.







Good Luck and Happy Fishing...



6 comments:

kevin said...

Laugh out loud. I enjoyed your fishing/dating story. Let me know if you catch any worth bragging about!
Love
Dad

PS good fishing buddy

Carolee said...

haha That's awesome. Just don't show it to any of the girls you're dating, they'll start asking what type of fish they are.

Cindy said...

It's official...you're hilarious!

~LisaLou~ said...

hee hee! haw! Snicker...Laugh! You're funny Kev! I'm glad you have a blog! It's fun to keep in touch with each other's lives even from a distance! Great pictures!
Love ya, Lisa and the Riemans!
(saying that reminds me of "Barbie and the Rockers"...but you were probably too little for that cartoon!)

JR and Steph said...

That's funny and it sounds about right! I saw your blog through Lisa's. I'm glad you started bloggin. Let us know when you catch the trophy fish.
Love ya, Steph

Steph said...

Kevy, you're funny! I wonder who's more cursed, you or me??? ;)